It has been a very difficult week for a lot of people living in the Texas Coast. I just want us to take time to not only pray for them but donate to organizations that are aiding the displaced.
- Red Cross: visit the redcross.org webpage for information on giving. This organization also has a 1800 phone number and text giving program
- Salvation Army USA: this organization is taking donations also by website. Check out more information on helpsalvationarmy.org
Please note I only posted two organizations. But so many organizations are pulling resourses together to assist #Harvey victims.
Now to the question at hand… How do you get children and their parents involved in Sunday school? I am again having the hardest time having a group of children on an consistent basis. I do realize that getting kids up early on a weekend to a 9:30 am class is not easy. On a personal note it is hard for me too. I have a few things I want to do to just try to get kids involved.
- Post the lesson early. I want to announce the lesson before hand. Our church has a facebook page as well as an congregational email correspondence.
- YOUTUBE. I want to start making youtube videos that show the crafts for each weeks and maybe a small snapshot the main points of the lesson. Parents can review it on their own time. Maybe even send feedback.
- Prizes. I know what your thinking “why bribe the kids”. Well I want to drum up excitement. So the person who comes the most, brings a new friend, brings their bible each week get a little prize.
So how has your church engage the youth and parent participation? I would love to know. Your comments have been so helpful.
See You Soon.
P.S. I hope to upload a new lesson soon. I’m not sure where God will lead me. I want to do something geared to first day of school.